Highlights included:
Erwin Redl's Fade III, in which an entire side of a building is covered with tightly arranged LED lights that fade between red and blue.
Wendy Babcox's Taking Breath, a video installation that is rear projected onto front windows of both sides of a corner art museum.
Jorge Orta's first US light performance, Luminographic Concert, which ran about 30 minutes and was choreographed to vibrant piece of experimental sound composition. It was like paste-ups of light, but they moved and transformed. Here's a few pictures to try to convey the visual part of the experience:






The building is Plant Hall, the centerpiece of the University of Tampa. It was originally a resort hotel built in 1890. I have no idea who the guy in the last picture is, but he is well illuminated himself.

7 comments:
Gorgeous. Thanks for the pictures, M. I think Tampa is a pretty cool and beautiful city anyway, but these are magical.
Hey, you can see me in the fourth picture. I'm wearing the little red Steve Zizou hat. (My hair is braided, which is why you don't see that crazy mess).
Really beautiful. I keep hearing great things about that city, but I don't think I'll ever be able to bring myself to live in that god-forsaken state again.
How'd you get the picture with yourself in it? Did a friend take it, or was this an official photo?
And might I mention how nice it was that you were able to travel all the way to Tampa to visit that installation. Hope the plane flight wasn't too burdensome.
Scriv, The trip wasn't that far. And I'm in the picture because my friend was taking the shots.
Those are rally cool!
What rageoyone said. Very cool.
Post a Comment