I had a student who emailed all exasperated and annoyed about going to her section of my class at 4:00 today only to find the room empty. I explained that there is not a 4:00 section today or any day. Oh, bless their little hearts.
One of my advisees sent me an email very annoyed that I wasn't in my office when he stopped by -- even though I told him (both in person and by email) that I would be on sabbatical this semester and gave him the name of the person who would be advising him.
I have a request. I'm in college and very often find myself wondering if I've done something sort of... uncouth in a teacher's eyes and annoyed the hell out of them unwittingly. Could you please post a list of the top ten things that students regularly/commonly do that piss you off/annoy you/you find stupid? It'd be funny, if nothing else.
Jackie, I'll try to come up with something, though it will be far from an original set of observations. These won;t be things that make me angry, but rather frustrations based on conflicting perceptions/expectations of the meanings of education and the roles of students and teachers.
It might be a nice way to kick start this blog again.
"--Of the twoheaded octopus, one of whose heads is the head upon which the ends of the world have forgotten to come while the other speaks with a Scotch accent. The tentacles . . ."
3 comments:
One of my advisees sent me an email very annoyed that I wasn't in my office when he stopped by -- even though I told him (both in person and by email) that I would be on sabbatical this semester and gave him the name of the person who would be advising him.
Ah, students.
I have a request. I'm in college and very often find myself wondering if I've done something sort of... uncouth in a teacher's eyes and annoyed the hell out of them unwittingly. Could you please post a list of the top ten things that students regularly/commonly do that piss you off/annoy you/you find stupid? It'd be funny, if nothing else.
Please and thank you. -- Jackie
Jackie,
I'll try to come up with something, though it will be far from an original set of observations. These won;t be things that make me angry, but rather frustrations based on conflicting perceptions/expectations of the meanings of education and the roles of students and teachers.
It might be a nice way to kick start this blog again.
Post a Comment