We weren't even considering it, but on the day that our neighbors were giving away their puppies and had one left, he was just too cute to pass over. The two medium sized dogs we already have are a bit overexcited right now, but they don't seem overly freaked out. We ran out and bought a crate (with a divider insert), some food, and some little toys. The poor thing went from a home of two adult pugs and four male puppies to two adult female 60-pounders without any warning.
We don't even have a name for him yet. People have made many suggestions: Winston Churchill, Ignatius J. Reilly (Iggy), Eddie, Claude, Frankie, Vincent, Horatio, Jacques, Woody, Anselm, Etienne, Paddy, O'Malley, Paddy O'Malley, Holden, Eadwyn, Tad, Sammy, and Gale.

16 comments:
Precious! Now you are officially "crazy dog people" . . Congratulations!
Margo votes for Gale, or for a more traditional name like Duke. To me he looks a lot like Picasso (the real Picasso).
what a cutie!
I vote for two-syllable dog names whenever possible (suits the rhythm of calling dogs in).
Frankie? Erwin?
I can't believe how much trouble we are having with the name. The other two dogs got theirs right away. Maybe because they came from the pound and were older, they already had a personality. The other two names both end in the long "ee" sound. Like Mel says, the two syllable name is probably best.
Sfrajett, we took him to a happy hour yesterday to try to get to know him and to delay the meeting with the other two. Someone there suggested Pablo. Maybe they were thinking the same way you are.
I'm glad we're not using the word veri to help us, or he might be called iilqdq (ilquid--the second q is silent).
I am a fan of Iggie.
YOUR DOG IS SO CUTE THAT I THINK I AM GOING TO FALL OVER AND DIE! I want that kind of dog!!!
Cute! I like Iggy - he looks like an Iggy.
Cuuuuuuuuuuuuute!!!
I think you should call him Raoul.
He is cute! The kids are having story time right now, hopefully followed by a nap, but when they wake up I'll ask 'em if they've got any good name suggestions. Don't be surprised if they recommend "Julia Princess-Queen." In the meantime, I like Iggy pretty well. Think of the possibilities: Little Iggy-poppers, Iggy-ziggy, Iggers.
We said we'd pick it by noon, but noon has passed. I like Iggy and Raoul and Paddy. Yidg suggested Lefty and Markie. I started thinking of place names, and liked Fargo and Napa.
Oh, he is a cutie!
way.too.cute!
I'm with Yidg on Lefty...like a little pug mobster.
OH MY GOD!!!! A PUG! Oh, he looks just like my dear, departed Dusty! Oh, you're in for years of love, snoring, and cat-like laziness.
As to names, I like either Winston Churchill (he and his wife were pug-fans and he even wrote a poem about them once) or Pablo.
TheKids have a few name suggestions:
Salad, Mr. Pillow Head, Carrot.
I like Iggy. Or maybe Arturo Fuente or Jon Spencer.
I forgot that the name of choice had shifted for my kids, until I asked them about your situation and Chloe suggested her new stand-by name: Sarah. But if you name the dog Sarah, he'll have the same name as the stuffed bison we got the other day as well as a couple of the baby dolls Chloe carries around. Just so you know.
Ella looked at him and said, "Um ... Brown ... Brownie ... Brown-nose." She thinks Brown-nose is a very funny name, and I don't even think she knows that it has its own meaning. I don't think she does at least.
Oh, he's soooo cute!
And of course, you need a pseudonym as well as a real name, right?
I'm not at all a dog person, but he really is ridiculously cute. Have you picked a name yet?
Post a Comment