I'm pretty sure it's "Life is Art," but my first impression was "Like is Curl." Besides, if it's Life is Art, that helps explain the challenging read. (or is that taking it too far?)
Clare, what you see as a C is the big circle of a capital script A, and what you see as the first o is the loop on the capital A and the left part of lowercase r. My first thought was "Cool" too, but it clearly says Art. What kind of graffito would it be to say "Life is Cool"? You think Dr MMmmMMmMmMMMmMmMMMMmmm is the sort to post graffiti arguing against global warming or something? ;)
I think Clare is onto something: Whoever made this stencil probably also works for the word verification folks. And the first thing I saw was the same as Ianqui suggested. I'm not sure about the T that everyone sees. It looks like a smudge. I can't figure out how the t cross could be so faint while the little loop at the top of that letter is so clear. Maybe it says Life is œuvre.
"--Of the twoheaded octopus, one of whose heads is the head upon which the ends of the world have forgotten to come while the other speaks with a Scotch accent. The tentacles . . ."
13 comments:
life is cruel
all I can see is "life is curl" or "life is cure."
Life is Art. The crossbar of the t is faint but it's there.
Life is cool.
It's that, I'd put my life on it. I do my "o"'s like that when I'm rushing. Definitely, definitely.
I'm pretty sure it's "Life is Art," but my first impression was "Like is Curl." Besides, if it's Life is Art, that helps explain the challenging read. (or is that taking it too far?)
Come to think of it, that's kind of a cool Rorschach test...
My first impression was "Lile is Are", but I'm probably wrong.
Very nice pictures ~ I think it says life is art
it's so not life is art. It's life is cool - how can no one see it?!
Eh, it's like the word verification thing, innit?
i'll buy "art". I see "cruel" because I personally write really crappily and often forget important parts of letters.
Clare, what you see as a C is the big circle of a capital script A, and what you see as the first o is the loop on the capital A and the left part of lowercase r. My first thought was "Cool" too, but it clearly says Art. What kind of graffito would it be to say "Life is Cool"? You think Dr MMmmMMmMmMMMmMmMMMMmmm is the sort to post graffiti arguing against global warming or something? ;)
I think Clare is onto something: Whoever made this stencil probably also works for the word verification folks. And the first thing I saw was the same as Ianqui suggested. I'm not sure about the T that everyone sees. It looks like a smudge. I can't figure out how the t cross could be so faint while the little loop at the top of that letter is so clear. Maybe it says Life is œuvre.
Like JM, I saw, "Life is Cruel."
Huh.
Post a Comment