Ianqui! It's on the corner of Metropolitan and Roebling in Williamsburg. Take the L line to Bedford. Walk down Bedford, turn left on 3rd (at the Bagel Shop), pass Driggs, and it will be on the corner. There's a tea bar right there. In fact, Williamsburg has tons of great street art, including several of the big commissioned type like this one. And plenty of paste-ups and stencils. And random paintings left around by a guy named Leviticus.
Yeah, I was in Williamsburg for the Of Montreal show recently and briefly saw a lot of cool stuff. On the other hand, I was so horrified by all the hipsters that I had to leave as soon as the show was over. I could never live in Williamsburg. If I ever move to Brooklyn I'll be more of a Park Slope type.
"--Of the twoheaded octopus, one of whose heads is the head upon which the ends of the world have forgotten to come while the other speaks with a Scotch accent. The tentacles . . ."
3 comments:
Where is this? Your town, or in NYC by any chance? If it's here, I want to go see it!
Ianqui! It's on the corner of Metropolitan and Roebling in Williamsburg. Take the L line to Bedford. Walk down Bedford, turn left on 3rd (at the Bagel Shop), pass Driggs, and it will be on the corner. There's a tea bar right there. In fact, Williamsburg has tons of great street art, including several of the big commissioned type like this one. And plenty of paste-ups and stencils. And random paintings left around by a guy named Leviticus.
Yeah, I was in Williamsburg for the Of Montreal show recently and briefly saw a lot of cool stuff. On the other hand, I was so horrified by all the hipsters that I had to leave as soon as the show was over. I could never live in Williamsburg. If I ever move to Brooklyn I'll be more of a Park Slope type.
Post a Comment