iPod as life metaphor
I always need at least 2 more hours to become fully charged.
I never have the right playlist when I need it.
the more I work, the more I feel behind on work
Why do I feel like such a slacker when I did all of this over the past 2 days?:
-work out at gym
-interview bottle diggers
-create a reading list on public memory for independent study student
-create entire schedule for service learning class campus yellow bike project
-and contact lists and group tasks for them as well
-update my Blackboard sites
-fix grades that were screwed up last semester
-take 30 minute nap
-do some blogging (more commenting than posting)
-attend dinner party for student who defended dissertation
-attend campus performance (politics meets art meets theater meets narrative)
-search out super-cheap DAT tapes for audio work
-create website (including six pages and seven images) for good friends' lesbian wedding
-buy more coffee beans from local roaster
It's because I didn't work on revising an essay I've been sitting on forever.
It's looking at me right now. All smug and superior. And inadequate.
where do they put it all?
My next door neighbors have an obsessed relationship with Ethan Allen. That big EA truck seems to be outside our house at least once a month. How much furniture can someone buy, anyway?
TV shows I watch whose central characters are women
Veronica Mars
Gilmore Girls
Alias
other shows I watch
Lost
Six Feet Under
favorite shows of all time
Northern Exposure
Buffy the Vampire Slayer
The X-Files
TV show wish
That the Coen Brothers make a show for HBO
and . . .
(From The Future Dictionary of America)
condoleese n. a dialect of American English characterized by extremely precise enunciation, a highly specialized vocabulary, and the intention to deceive or obfuscate.
ineffable adj. 1. impervious to sexual intercourse. 2. not to be solicited for sexual intercourse.
irregardless adv. as of 2046, still not a real word, despite continued usage by basketball coaches. Basketball shorts, by the way, have gotten very small and snug again.
rumsfeld n. one who can stomach casualties.
29 January 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

5 comments:
dr. m--just a comment to say that I discovered your blog this morning and had a lovely time reading it as I ate breakfast. One of the things I like about the blogosphere is that there's always a dining companion around if I need one!
I do fancy myself a good dining companion. Thanks for the kind words.
That future dictionary gets better and better all the time.
I watch almost no televison but I used to make an exception for Northern Exposure. I've even thought I've trying to get old ones off e-bay or something, especially the early years.
Do you remember the one where Chris took everyone's lamps and stuff and did the big art project in the middle of town about light? I thought that was cool.
Yeah, I loved that show. It wouldn't surprise me if you could get those shows on DVD. Just checked: they have the first 2 seasons on dvd over at amazon.
I liked Ed Chigliak (the shaman in training/filmmaker) also.
I think you're right--Gilmore Girls has that quirky only-in-this-world quality about it. Most of the shows on my list seem to put a high value on character development. And it's on tonight (I wish I knew how to make the date show up on my comments--not just the time)
Oh, and I must have hit the anon button on accident (that's me as anon above--no reason to be secretive about searching amazon for northern exposure). I'm such a flibbertigibbet.
Post a Comment