I was thinking about blogging today, and about what to write (reminding myself that I will never allow this to become another stressful writing situation), and then I saw jo(e)'s post about underwear and the unique venue a blog provides, and the wicked randomness of blogging topics. In jo(e)'s case, the silly randomness of bra-ordering (in several senses) gave way to a somber and hopeful reflection. The message I ultimately came away with was to just let fly with the randomness while blogging. I can order my thoughts, like jo(e)'s bras, when I'm damn well ready.
So,
A kid I knew in university, who looked like a young Elvis, is running for chair of the DNC. (and I'm still shooting for tenure-track. Not tenure, but tenure-track).
I just got the two new Bright Eyes CDs in the mail, before they hit stores next week. I'm strangely impressed with myself for always being one step ahead of alternative college chicks, musically at least. Yes, I saw Iron & Wine before they were on the Garden State soundtrack and Death Cab for Cutie before they were on MTV-U.
Every time I go to the gym (three times a week with colleague/friend), MTV-U is on, and they only have a rotation of about 15 songs.
At the gym, I am stunned at the freakish strength I now have (perhaps the Samson hair???), as I can bench press over 10 times my age in weight (pounds).
Why do dogs like to eat cat poop? Why do I let something that eats cat poop lick my face?
One of our dogs is deaf. She knows tons of hand signs. It is so funny how she will refuse to look my way if she doesn't want to "listen" to me.
My non-smoking Mom had half of one of her lungs removed this past Spring due to a tumor. They found it when she was x-rayed for arthtritis in her shoulder. My sister's ex-smoker fiance started chemo and radiation yesterday for stage 3 lung cancer. They found the tumor after it pinched a nerve and paralyzed one of his vocal chords. Please do all self-exams regularly.
I saw a duck in a tree last night. And a rooster lives in my neighborhood.
I wish I knew someone who had tivo--I want to know if it's worth it.
I had to take partner's titanium powerbook G4 to the Apple store for service--the hard drive won't mount. The people who work service at the Apple store have the best job title: Mac Genius.
Half of my department are partners. No, that sounds wrong. There are four pairs of romantic couples in my department, and that accounts for half of the department. Yes, but doesn't it sound wrong anyway?
This new Bright Eyes album (I'm Wide Awake, It's Morning) sounds great so far.
I need to create some descriptive yet cute code names for partner, colleagues, and others in my life.
The Chinese take-out place around the corner from our house gave us one of those Chinese retaurant calendars over the holidays. How kitcshy!
I don't like to plug brands either, save one exception: John Fluevog Shoes.
What's funny is that I swear there was all this other stuff I intended to write today. I was just thinking about it earlier while walking our dogs.
18 January 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
Oh, I love the random thoughts. More like poetry than prose.
I laughed aloud at some of them.
Tivo is sooooooooo worth it (I have DVR, which is the same thing but another brand). I LOVE pausing live TV. I LOVE rewinding live TV. I love being able to record as many things playing all at the same time. Finally, I love being able to save everything up for Friday night (hey, I live an exciting life) and OD on all the CSI franchises at once. Seriously, I should cut back on my expenses but can't bear to give up the DVR.
More than you wanted to know, I suspect..
That's exactly what I needed to know. I'm the same way with my Friday nights. And, again, I suspect you are still way cooler than my colleagues.
Post a Comment