Have you ever looked at those spam emails full of gibberish text? Usually they accompany solicitations for reduced mortgages, cheap software, erectile dysfunction medicine, and horny housewives. Well, embedded in the randomly-generated gibberish that is meant to elude spam blocking software is a hidden treasure trove of poetic utterances. These 2-4 word phrases continually evoke (for me at least) insightful concepts or poem titles. I took the name of this blog from one of these. Here is a short list of great spam poetry that I hope to use in a generative manner at some point:
circular ethos glass
art predisposition
carcinogen hideaway
arisen mediocre
upstart emigrant denunciation
kinesthesis breakthrough
befogging feminism cheesecake
orthodontist teet
chimpanzee fieldwork
newlywed still leeward
fried bourbon
persuasion bootleg
atrocious pinscher cutlet
cruddy oneupmanship clause
hermes lichen confidante
doorkeeper network
tansy inventive hymnal
glasgow taxicab
querulous rapture standby
gastrointestinal corporate fort
cutesy puny pepsi tomatoes
eighth handyman
cartographic profit
escalate dogmatism
comrade catalogue
19 January 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
Teehee. "Eighth Handyman" is my favorite.
That's like a band name, man.
Or, a blog name.
Err. Oh, yeah. You've already turned that trick.
Still, think about it.
"I have tickets to the Eighth Handyman, man!"
"Kick ass, man!"
I don't think I can make it. I'll probably be busy doing chimpanzee fieldwork.
Found poetry. Cool. This would be a great exercise for a creative writing workshop.
I think "arisen mediocre" would be a nice title for a post about inauguration day.
And "arisen mediocre" seems pretty generous in this case, huh? I was teaching all day, so I had to have Dr. Partner (also known as SLCBI: the Secret Love Child of Billy Idol) tape the inauguration (or coronation, or abomination, or incorporation, or whatever people are calling it) so I can do a full analysis later.
Post a Comment