04 January 2005

why the title?

When I started setting up this blog, I ran into the two contradictory impulses (some would say neuroses) that seem to run my everyday life: the need to have everything just so and the inability to finish things. I think I must have a combination of obsessive compulsive disorder and adult ADD. Anyway, I stressed out over coming up with a good name that reflected my personality or my academic work or my clever ability to play with words or my self-congratulatory knowledge of cultural minutiae. Then I just decided that I needed something, anything, so i could get started here. I sometimes jot down funny phrases that I find embedded in those spam mail gibberish messages--something that is full of shockingly beautiful sets of adjacent words. So, I found one of these lists and decided I would name my blog after the first one that sort of struck me. I think I saw "kinesthesis breakthrough" first, though I also saw "befogging feminism cheesecake" and "arisen mediocre" at about the same time. The one I picked seemed more encouraging for some reason.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Nice. Very nice.